Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
Calling All Experienced Neonatal Nurses
Experienced Neonatal ICU nurses are invited to join us for an open house on Tuesday, June 17 from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
to learn more about job opportunities in our state-of-the-art Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. The event will take place at St. Elizabeth Edgewood in Conference Room A.
For additional information, please click here
St. Elizabeth Healthcare’s state-of-the-art Level III NICU provides patient-centered care for newborns who require extra attention. Our Level III unit is licensed by the state of Kentucky and staffed with specially trained healthcare providers. At St. Elizabeth Edgewood, neonatologists, who are experts in the care of newborns with serious medical problems, are always available.
To take a virtual tour of our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, please click here
Our Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit Offers:
- Ability to provide ventilation and other life-saving services to babies born under 32 weeks of gestation
- 24/7 neonatology & perinatology care.
- Private NICU rooms which allows for decreased noise and lighting for delicate pre-term babies, reduced potential for airborne infections and also allows privacy for important mother-baby bonding.
- Family-Centered Care - we encourage you to actively participate in the care of your baby. You are welcome to stay and help care for your baby 24 hours per day.
- Specialists from Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center.
- Staffed by a highly skilled healthcare team with specialized training to care for neonates needing expert medical care.
- Our highly skilled team of neonatologists, neonatal nurse practitioners, registered nurses, respiratory therapists, dieticians, social workers, and pharmacists work together to provide specialized care to meet the needs of your baby. Access to additional resources including First Steps and Every Child Succeeds programs to ensure a healthy start.
To view our neonatal care commercial please click here
Our Level III NICU was also featured in the Summer 2013 issue of St. Elizabeth Healthcare's Healthy Neighbors magazine. Please click here to read the full article.
Awards and Recognition
- Named 2013 Best Hospital in Obstetrics for superior patient experience by WomenCertified®
- UNICEF – Certified Baby Friendly
- St. Elizabeth Edgewood has been named one of America’s 50 Best Hospitals by HealthGrades and a 100 Top Hospital by Thomson Reuters.
- Holds the distinction of being one of the region’s first hospitals to receive Magnet® status, nursing's highest honor, in 2006 and was re-designated Magnet status in September 2010 (at St. Elizabeth Edgewood, St. Elizabeth Grant, and St. Elizabeth Covington).
To learn more about awards and recognition given to St. Elizabeth Healthcare, please click here.