Problems with the bones, joints and muscles are as varied as the people who experience them. That’s why St. Elizabeth Healthcare offers a full array of treatment options designed to meet the unique needs of each patient.
Our board-certified specialists are trained in the latest surgical and non-surgical techniques to provide optimal care for orthopaedic injuries and diseases.
First Outpatient Total Joint Knee Replacement in the Tri-State
On October 20, John J. Larkin, MD, from Commonwealth Orthopaedic, completed the first outpatient total joint knee replacement in the entire tri-state area at St. Elizabeth. This surgery began at 7:30 a.m., and after a few hours of recovering in PACU, the patient was discharged by noon. Once home, the patient immediately met with their Physical Therapist to help get settled in comfortably, then was visited by their Home Health Nurse who assessed the surgery site and provided additional support.
There are great benefits to patients who are candidates for this type of outpatient total joint replacement, which includes quicker recovery time, lower risk of infection and increased patient satisfaction.
Congratulations to the entire team for this accomplishment!
Our orthopaedic program includes:
- Non-surgical services, including pain management, casting and fracture immobilization
- Rehabilitation services
- Sports medicine services
- Imaging and diagnostic services
Inpatient and Outpatient orthopaedic surgery includes:
- Hand surgery
- Hip Replacement and revision surgery, including less invasive anterior approach surgery
- Knee replacement and revision surgery
- Rotator cuff tears
- Restoration of torn cartilage
- Shoulder replacement
- Surgery for badly broken bones
- Surgery: The orthopaedic specialists at Commonwealth Orthopaedic Centers perform surgery at our three main hospital campuses in Edgewood, Florence and Ft. Thomas, along with outpatient procedures at the St. Elizabeth Surgery Centers in Edgewood and Crestview Hills.
- Imaging Services: St. Elizabeth offers diagnostic imaging at several different locations. Click here for a complete listing.
- Rehab Services: Patients can choose from several physical therapy, occupational therapy, hand therapy, speech therapy and sports medicine locations. For a complete list, please click here.