In November 2013, St. Elizabeth Edgewood kicked off its construction of the St. Elizabeth Heart & Vascular Institute. Throughout 2014, you will see much of the physical construction taking place, impacting the patient entrance, service areas, traffic flow, etc.
This page will be updated frequently to keep you aware of the latest changes due to the construction. Here is the latest information:
TRAFFIC FLOW UPDATE
The 3A Patient Entrance driveway and parking area will be undergoing additional paving work beginning on Saturday, March 14 at noon through Saturday, April 4.
- Traffic flow will change during this time, allowing for one way traffic flow only. Please click here to refer to the updated temporary external map with traffic flow directions.
- Valet Parking remains available for patients and visitors during this time.
THE NEW 3A PATIENT ENTRANCE IS NOW OPEN.
The new 3A Patient Entrance at Edgewood is now open, along with the new Heart & Vascular Institute space on Level 1 and Surgery Waiting on Level 2.
Valet Parking is available for patients and visitors. The hours of operation are Monday – Friday, 5:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. (flow will be monitored and hours may be adjusted based on need).
Please Note: This is a complimentary service, and attendants are not permitted to accept tips.
If you valet park your vehicle and leave the hospital later than 5 p.m., a member of the Security team will retrieve your vehicle for you.
A phone will be placed at the valet station next to the Registration Building for you to contact Security in the event that there is no one at the station when you are ready to leave.
As a result of the construction on the Registration building, the parking spaces in the fire lane have been eliminated. This has caused a minimum of four physician and several handicap parking spaces to be eliminated for the duration of construction, which is expected to continue through the end of 2014. Should you choose not to use the valet parking service, several spaces in the existing parking area have been designated as “handicap” to better serve our patients and visitors.
BUILDING ACCESS UPDATE
- Whenever possible, it is best for all patients to enter the building through the 1A Main Entrance (Zone 1).
- Non-emergency ambulance transport will utilize the new covered canopy and dedicated entrance to the right of the existing Physical Therapy entrance.
- During construction, patients may find it more convenient to visit one of our other draw sites for Lab work. Please click here for a list of all locations.
We appreciate your patience and cooperation as we work to develop a Heart and Vascular Institute that is built around the needs of our community.
To learn more about how you can be a part of this initiative, please click here.
To view photos from the Heart and Vascular Institute Groundbreaking Ceremony, please click here.
Last Updated 3/23/2015