Guest Guide Volunteers Needed
To download a pdf of this position description, please click here.
St. Elizabeth continues to grow and our Guest Guides are an integral part of creating a positive and welcoming visit for guests at our facilities. Partnering with Registration and Outpatient Services, the Guest Guide is responsible for taking guests to their destinations. In addition to providing direction to guests, these volunteers will also be available to assist with wheelchair transport.
Shifts are available on weekdays from 8 a.m. - Noon, Noon - 4 p.m. and 4 - 7 p.m. as well as various hours on weekends. A six-month commitment is required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to walk long distances in order to escort patients and visitors
- Must be able to push a wheelchair
- Must be able to stand for entire shift (3-4 hours)
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and willing to hear questions/concerns of guests
- Ability to display and maintain a professional and courteous attitude
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Walks guests to destination
- Assists with wheelchair transport of outpatients and visitors
- Responsible for rounding 3A Patient Entrance waiting areas to ensure guests are being assisted
- Help maintain an inviting environment within 3A waiting areas (i.e. stock magazines pick up trash left, etc.)
- Other duties & responsibilities as defined by Volunteer Services in coordination with Registration and Professional Services
- Maintains patient confidentiality
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills
- Able to guide guests to various departments throughout St. Elizabeth using a wheelchair or by walking
- Maintains regular weekly schedule
- Exhibits a professional, clean, neat appearance when on duty
- Receives no more than three documented concerns about service within any six-month period
- Able to describe and demonstrate St. Elizabeth Healthcare safety procedures for emergency situation within one month of start date
- One 4 hour shift per week, Monday through Friday. Shifts are from 8 a.m. - Noon, Noon - 4 p.m. and 4 - 7 p.m.
To learn more, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at (859) 301-2140. St. Elizabeth volunteers are passionate about their role in making a positive difference in the patient experience.