The Special Care Nursery at St. Elizabeth Healthcare is a Level II unit, licensed by the state of Kentucky and staffed with specially trained nurses. At St. Elizabeth Edgewood, neonatologists are available. Neonatologists are experts in the care of newborns with serious medical problems. It's comforting to know that this service is available 24 hours a day if your baby needs specialized care.
To take a virtual tour of our Special Care Nursery please click here
Our Special Care Nursery Offers:
- 24/7 neonatology & perinatology care.
- Private neonatal care rooms.
- Specialists from Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center.
- Highly-skilled Nursing Staff trained by Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center.
- Capability to meet the Level III(A) Perinatal Guidelines criteria.
- Higher volumes (almost 5,000 births - 2nd highest in KY and the region).
- Higher than average successful outcomes in the State & Region.
- Access to additional resources including First Steps and Every Child Succeeds to ensure a healthy start.
To view our new neonatal care commercial please click here
Awards and Recognition
- 20th hospital in the nation to achieve “Baby-friendly” status by UNICEF
- Named one of the top 10 places in America to have a baby by Fit Pregnancy magazine.
- St. Elizabeth Edgewood has been named one of America’s 50 Best Hospitals by HealthGrades and a 100 Top Hospital by Thomson Reuters.
- Holds the distinction of being one of the region’s first hospitals to receive Magnet® status, nursing's highest honor, in 2006 and was re-designated Magnet status in September 2010 (at St. Elizabeth Edgewood, St. Elizabeth Grant, and St. Elizabeth Covington).
To learn more about awards and recognition given to St. Elizabeth Healthcare, please click here.