Please note that St. Elizabeth Healthcare's Outpatient EMG Services, formerly located in Edgewood, will now be performed at the following St. Elizabeth Physicians' location:
St. Elizabeth Physicians Neurology – Crestview Hills
351 Centre View Blvd.
Crestview Hills, KY 41017
Phone: (859) 957-0052
Hospital outpatients will still receive a bill from St. Elizabeth Healthcare. For more information about St. Elizabeth Physicians Neurology services please click here.
Neurology is the science concerned with the nerves and the nervous system. This includes the brain and spinal cord, cranial nerves (connected to the eyes, face, ear, nose and throat), peripheral nerves (connected to the arms and legs), muscles, blood vessels and even the sweat glands.
At St. Elizabeth Healthcare, our neurologists have the experience and insight needed to get to the root of complex conditions to provide proper diagnosis and treatment. Because the nervous system is deeply integrated with the rest of the body, neurologists are prepared to collaborate with other physicians and disciplines on a regular basis. They work closely with other specialists to ensure that every patient receives the highest level of collaborative care.
A few of the many neurological conditions throughout the body include:
- Cerebrovascular disease, such as stroke or dementia
- Demyelinating diseases of the central nervous system, such as multiple sclerosis
- Headache disorders
- Infections of the brain and nervous system
- Movement disorders, such as Parkinson's disease
- Neurodegenerative and neuromuscular disorders, such as Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease, and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (Lou Gehrig's disease)
- Seizure disorders, such as epilepsy
- Spinal cord disorders
- Speech and language disorders