Audiology and Speech Pathology
May is Better Hearing and Speech Month
In order to get a better idea of whether or not you are one of the 24 million people that suffer from hearing loss, ask yourself these questions:
- Do you have trouble pronouncing certain words or sounds?
- Do you hear better when you're looking directly at someone?
- Do you need to turn your ear toward a sound to hear it?
- Do you have difficulty swallowing?
- Do you find yourself having to ask people to repeat what they say?
- Do you suffer from hoarseness?
If you answered "yes" to any of these questions, you may be experiencing hearing loss. St. Elizabeth Audiology and Speech Pathology can help! For more information about our services or to schedule an appointment, please call (859) 655-7400.
Audiology & Speech Pathology
The Audiology and Speech Pathology services at St. Elizabeth Healthcare provide a wide range of diagnostic and rehabilitative services for all ages. We offer inpatient services at all hospital locations and outpatient services at the Edgewood, Florence, and Ft. Thomas campuses.
Does this Ever Happen to You?
- The speech of others seems mumbled or slurred
- Ringing noise in your ear
- Frequently asking others to repeat themselves
- Difficulty hearing the television or radio at a normal level
- Problems understanding conversations in the presence of background noises
Hearing loss can affect a person at any age. Approximately 36 million adults report some degree of hearing loss. In the United States, about 3 out of 1,000 children are born deaf or hard of hearing.
For more information about Audiology services or to schedule an appointment, please contact the Audiology Department by calling (859) 301-5740